1) Big news this week! We unveiled our 2011-2012 Corporate Alliance Group program. It’s been a longtime coming, and it’s such a relief to have the information out and available. I’ll spare all the details since this blog isn’t the best place for specifics, but in a nutshell, it allows us to partner with employers who recruit on campus and who “take an active role in furthering the vision and development of the Career Center.” Oh, snap!
2) In the last six weeks, I’ve gone to two networking lunches during which someone led us in stretches. Is this a new thing? My shoulders want to know…
3) learned about a new project through the Irvine Chamber of Commerce Emerging Professionals group that I will hopefully be helping with! Stay tuned!
4) Had a visit with Mark of OCTA (shout-out!) to learn more about OCTA, their internships, and to see Mark’s presentation skills, which our students will hopefully get to enjoy come fall.
5) got to share some ideas and see lay-out for our new Career Center website, launching in early fall 2011.
Bonus highlight: the realization that I may need another photographic technique since the classic outstretched arm makes all my pictures will look the same. Or, maybe I should just change my jacket…
Have a great weekend!